10 Pumpkin Beers You're Seeing Before Labor Day and Why
New Belgium Pumpkick
New Belgium partnered with Seattle's Elysian Brewery a few years back on a sour pumpkin ale called Kick and has had a craving for pumpkin ever since.
That beer was brewed with cranberries for a little tartness and aged in oak barrels to produce some punch. This brew skips the oak and keeps its bit to a relatively mellow 6% ABV.That little kick of cranberry juice remains, however, and gets a bit of help from cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and just a bit of lemongrass to complicate somewhat the traditional pumpkin ale recipe. The result is a surprisingly aggressive pumpkin ale that's a joy to drink, but isn't as easygoing as some of its pumpkin contemporaries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV