10 Pumpkin Beers You're Seeing Before Labor Day and Why
Redhook Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter
Redhook calls Woodinville, Wash., home, but it also has a lovely little place in New England where it can take in the foliage.
Redhook's facility in Portsmouth, N.H., came through last year when the Craft Brew Alliance brewery produced its first batch of Out Of Your Gourd and distributed it only in its New England markets.This year, it's already been spotted on shelves near Alliance brewing facilities in Oregon and Washington state, with the small caveat that it's only sticking around until Sept. 30. That's right: A pumpkin ale that won't live to see Halloween. It sounds like blasphemy, but it has a flavor that should make fans push for it to stick around a bit longer in 2014. Made with pureed pumpkin, blended with cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and topped off with some maple syrup added during fermentation, Out Of Your Gourd retains a roasty, chocolatey porter flavor with just enough pumpkin pie accents to get folks feeling festive. While Redhook insists the relatively mild 5.8% ABV would be great for a day of "eating turkey, watching football or drinking with your buddies around a bonfire," fans are going to have to stock up in late September to do so. Such is the drawback of the limited-release batch, but it's a baby step toward the regular rotation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV