Aug. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With sales of more than 733,000 units through July, Nissan is having its best year on record in
the United States, led by strong growth of core models like Altima, Sentra, Pathfinder, Versa and Rogue.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20080506/NISSANWORDMARKLOGO )
In an effort to accomplish aggressive growth targets for the region set in the company's global 'Power 88' mid-term business plan, Nissan is in the process of introducing all-new versions of its five top-selling models in 15 months. With this effort that began with the all-new Altima in mid-2012 and culminates with the all-new Rogue later this year, Nissan will have redesigned key models that make up nearly 75 percent of the brand's showroom volume.
Fred Diaz, Nissan divisional vice president, Sales and Marketing and Service and Parts said: "2013 is a pivotal year in Nissan's U.S. growth strategy. With redesigned versions of Altima, Sentra, Pathfinder, Versa Note and Rogue in our showroom by year-end, customers are responding to the strongest lineup of vehicles we've ever offered with appealing designs, fuel efficiency and fantastic value."2013 Highlights:
- Nissan has set monthly records for overall U.S. sales in four of seven months in 2013, with sales up more than 8.5 percent over 2012's record performance.
- Nissan Division has set monthly records in six of the seven months this year, driving sales higher by more than 10 percent over a record 2012.
- The reinvented Pathfinder SUV has set six consecutive monthly sales records, with year-to-date sales up more than 207 percent.
- Altima sales are up more than 7 percent over the same period in 2012, which was a record year for the model.
- Sentra sales have increased more than 18 percent, with additional capacity now rolling off the line at Nissan's assembly plant in Canton, Miss. to meet increased U.S. demand.
- Versa continues to lead the subcompact segment in 2013, with more than 21 percent segment share. The summer debut of the 2014 Versa Note is bringing class-leading fuel economy and roominess to the increasingly competitive subcompact hatchback market.
- Nissan Rogue has also seen record sales in four consecutive months, with sales up more than 13 percent in preparation for launch of the 2014 Rogue, which will be built at Nissan's Smyrna, Tenn. Assembly Plant.
- Also leading yearly gains is the all-electric Nissan LEAF, with sales up more than 230 percent over the prior year. Since launching the Smyrna-built, 2013 LEAF in March, deliveries have increased over 335 percent, with sales spreading to a new wave of U.S. markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV