Ravalomanana - "The People Deserve Credible Choice"
ANTANANARIVO, Madagascar, August 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Mouvance Ravalomanana has commissioned a national opinion poll to seek the views of the Malagasy people concerning the present political crisis. Key data is now released in the hope that the people will be allowed to decide who their next President should be in a free and fair election process. The recent decisions of the CES will disenfranchise millions of voters of their first choice candidates. The opinion poll reveals:
- 47% of people think the most important problem facing the country is the political crisis.
- 91% of people think the country is moving in the wrong direction.
- 88% of people think the economic situation has got worse during the last four years.
- 72% of people think the economic situation of their family has got worse these last four years.
- Only 15% of people think the national economic situation will get better in the coming year.
- 81% of people say they want to vote in the coming elections.
- 77% of people think that the international community has interfered too much.
When asked to compare successes of the governments of Marc Ravalomanana and Andry Rajoelina:
Creating jobs 57% 17% Attracting foreign investment 57% 14% Healthcare 23% 54% Protecting civil rights 38% 33% Improving quality of life 46% 21% Fighting corruption 47% 16% Reducing poverty 52% 16%
Asked what the people of Madagascar think about Neny Ravalomanana:
- 52% think she can restore confidence within the international community.
- 58% think she can better attract foreign investment.
- 62% think she can create jobs and cut unemployment.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts