"Nissan is committed to increase energy efficiency as we reduce the environmental impact of manufacturing the highest quality vehicles sold in North America," said Susan Brennan, Nissan's vice president of Manufacturing in Smyrna. "These efforts align with our global strategies of zero-emission leadership and corporate social responsibility to employees, stakeholders and customers."
The plant is Nissan's "Showcase Project" as part of the Department of Energy's Better Buildings Better Plants Challenge, where Nissan has committed to reducing energy in its three U.S. plants by 25 percent by 2020.
Nissan is a proud ENERGY STAR® Partner and was awarded ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2010 and 2011 and Sustained Excellence, ENERGY STAR's highest honor, in 2012. The Smyrna plant has received the ENERGY STAR distinction for the past 7 years.
In May 2012, Nissan's Smyrna Vehicle Assembly Plant became the first passenger vehicle manufacturing facility to attain ISO 50001 and Superior Energy Performance (SEP) certifications. Accredited under the American National Standards Institute and National Accreditation Board, these certifications recognize the Smyrna facility as a leader in energy management.Brazil Brazil builds green into growth plans Brazil anticipates opening its new Resende manufacturing plant in the first half of 2014 as one of the most sustainable facilities in the world. The plant features a "Green Belt" that circles the entire facility and is designed to help neutralize CO2 emissions while also reducing noise levels of the factory for the surrounding environment. Construction of wetlands also will help to balance the area ecosystem. The Resende plant, which will build Nissan March and Versa when it opens, will boast integrated production methods, modern and efficient equipment and waste management methods that together will significantly enhance the plant's environmental friendliness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV