NEW YORK, Aug. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Morgan & Morgan announces that it is investigating potential legal claims against the board of directors of Firstbank Corporation ("Firstbank") (Nasdaq: FBMI) regarding possible breaches of fiduciary duties and other violations of law related to the announced merger of Firstbank with Mercantile Bank Corp.
If you purchased Firstbank, and want more information about the Firstbank shareholder class action investigation, please contact George Pressly, Esq. at 1(800) 631-6234 or email George at AskGeorge@morgansecuritieslaw.com.
Under the terms of the proposal, public shareholders of Firstbank will receive one share of Mercantile Bank Corp. common stock for each share of Firstbank common stock they own. This represents a value of approximately $18.77 per share. Upon completion of merger, Firstbank shareholders will own 48% of the post-merger company.
Morgan & Morgan's investigation concerns whether Firstbank's Board of Directors breached its fiduciary duties to act in the best interests of Firstbank's shareholders and to take all necessary steps to ensure that Firstbank's shareholders receive the maximum value readily available for their shares of Firstbank common stock.Morgan & Morgan is one of the nation's largest 200 law firms. In addition to class action lawsuits, the firm also practices in the areas of antitrust, personal injury, consumer protection, overtime, and product liability. All of the Firm's legal endeavors are rooted in its core mission: provide investor and consumer protection and always fight "for the people." Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Contact: Morgan & Morgan Peter Safirstein, Esq. 28 West 44 th Street Suite 2001 New York, NY 10036 1-800-631-6234 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Morgan & Morgan
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV