The Board of Directors of Chimera Investment Corporation (NYSE:CIM) declared the third quarter 2013 common stock cash dividend of $0.09 per common share. This dividend is payable October 31, 2013, to common shareholders of record on October 4, 2013. The ex-dividend date is October 2, 2013.
As previously announced, the Company initiated a regular quarterly dividend of $0.09 per common share for each of the quarters in 2013, portions of which may be ordinary income, capital gains or a return of capital. The Board of Directors will review this program after the conclusion of the fourth quarter of 2013. For the first half of 2013, the Company paid cash dividends totaling $0.18 per common share, of which the Company estimates $0.15 per share is taxable income for federal tax purposes. Taxable income and the ultimate composition of the dividend between income and return of capital are calculated on a cumulative basis and will change over the course of the year. The character and composition of the dividend will not be finalized until the Company files its 2013 tax return in 2014.
The Company also announced today that it has estimated that as of June 30, 2013, its GAAP book value was $3.52 per share and its economic book value was $3.01 per share, compared to its estimated March 31, 2013, GAAP book value of $3.55 per share and economic book value of $3.08 per share.
Estimated economic book value considers the fair values of only the assets the Company owns or is able to dispose of, pledge, or otherwise monetize, and specifically excludes assets consolidated for GAAP but which the Company cannot dispose of, pledge or otherwise monetize. The Company's estimate of economic book value has important limitations. Should the Company sell the assets in its portfolio, it may realize materially different proceeds from the sale than estimated as of the reporting date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV