Initial Louisiana Unemployment Claims Drop
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) â¿¿ First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Aug. 17 have dropped from the previous week's total.
The state labor department figures released Friday show 2,634 initial claims compared to 2,719 a week earlier.
The four-week moving average of initial claims decreased to 2,706 from the previous week's average of 2,806.
Continued unemployment claims claimed for the week ending Aug. 17 decreased to 26,280 compared to the previous week's total of 26,891.The four-week moving average of such claims decreased to 26,788 from the previous week's average of 26,824.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV