News Summary: Indonesia Outlines Economic Plan
By The Associated Press
PROPPING THE RUPIAH: Indonesia is curbing imports of luxury cars and taking other steps to bolster its finances as Southeast Asia's largest economy suffers a slumping currency and stock market.
CARROT AND STICK: The government will increase the import tax on some branded products, provide tax incentives for investment in agriculture and metal industries, and seek to reduce oil imports.
REGIONAL WOES: Indonesia, along with India, Malaysia and Thailand, has been buffeted by an exodus of cash from its financial markets as improving economic prospects in the U.S and Europe reverse the tide of money that swept into developing nations the past few years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV