3. As of noon trading, Expedia ( EXPE) is up $2.94 (6.3%) to $49.41 on heavy volume. Thus far, 7.3 million shares of Expedia exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $48.92-$51.31 after having opened the day at $49.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.47. Expedia, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an online travel company in the United States and internationally. Expedia has a market cap of $5.6 billion and is part of the leisure industry. Shares are down 24.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Expedia a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Expedia as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Expedia Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts