The new software will help drive new phone buyers and increase the loyalty of existing users.
2. The Apple Band is going to be a runaway hit.
The consensus view is Apple will deliver a new wrist watch that a lot are calling an iWatch. It's unclear when it will be shipped.
Apple has clearly been hiring people with this biometric expertise for months now.Last week, Apple made its biggest hire yet, bringing on board a top adviser to Nike (NKE) for its FuelBand product. (Coincidentally, Tim Cook sits on the Nike board. So this is a product area he knows well and has for many years now.) Most think the iWatch will be a niche product and the masses will shrug their shoulders at it. Apple doesn't go after any new product it believes will be a niche. Just as people underestimated how popular a new tablet called the iPad would be, I sense the world is way behind in its thinking of how popular a new watch or band from Apple will be. I tend to think it will be more of a band. I've been using the FitBit Flex for a couple of weeks now and it is addictive and inconspicuous on my wrist. I don't even notice it anymore. Yet, I'm constantly checking my FitBit app throughout the day on my iPhone -- which wirelessly synchs to my app -- on how many steps I'm walking along with calories burned, hours slept, water I've drunk, etc. I expect Apple to take measuring this type of health information to the masses. I also think it'll integrate other helpful communication info to a band such as clock, email, key messages, stock info, etc. -- things you always check throughout the day once you've dug your phone out of your purse, breast pocket or back pocket.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV