NuStar Energy L.P (NYSE: NS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.60%. NuStar Energy L.P. engages in the terminalling, storage, and transportation of petroleum products primarily in the United States and the Netherlands. The company operates in three segments: Storage, Transportation, and Asphalt and Fuels Marketing. The company has a P/E ratio of 79.35. The average volume for NuStar Energy L.P has been 329,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. NuStar Energy L.P has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 2.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates NuStar Energy L.P as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 113.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$246.74 million to $32.97 million.
- NUSTAR ENERGY LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NUSTAR ENERGY LP swung to a loss, reporting -$2.79 versus $2.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.11 versus -$2.79).
- NS, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 52.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for NUSTAR ENERGY LP is rather low; currently it is at 15.52%. Regardless of NS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.64% trails the industry average.
- NS has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 20.82% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full NuStar Energy L.P Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts