Masco Corporation Stock Downgraded (MAS)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- MAS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MASCO CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, MASCO CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.20 versus -$1.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.76 versus -$0.20).
- The gross profit margin for MASCO CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.48%. Regardless of MAS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.58% trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 10.19 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, MAS's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.21, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts