Richardson, which has done little in terms of stock performance for the year, currently trades for 0.97 times NCAV looks interesting due to the strength of its balance sheet. While just marginally profitable at this point, the company ended its latest quarter with $141 million, or $9.65 per share in cash and short term investments. There's an additional $5.5 million, or 37 cents per share in long term investments. In total, each share of Richardson, currently trading at $11.30, represents $10.02 in cash and investments. Richardson also pays a 6 cents quarterly dividend, which equates to a 2.1% yield.
RELL data by YCharts
Net/nets are exceedingly rare these days. But they won't be once we see the markets pull back.
This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV