Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:33 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Friday.
Credit Suisse said to avoid Staples (SPLS) because of the erosion in its core business. Cramer agreed with the call. SPLS rose nearly 1% to $14.20.
Baird upgraded real estate investment trust Realty Income Corp. (O), but Cramer said to be careful because if rates continue to rise, this stock becomes a sell. O was up 1% to $40.68.First Solar (FSLR) stock has been crushed since its secondary offering. Cramer said the stock is worth a look at these levels. FSLR was unchanged at $38.97. Cramer called everything in apparel a disaster, including Guess? (GES), which was downgraded by Piper Jaffray. GES fell 2% to $28.21. JPMorgan was positive on Facebook (FB). Cramer said this stock, a holding in his charitable trust Action Alerts PLUS, has been doing well since July. FB jumped 5.2% to $40.55. Cramer said Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) is getting killed in the server storage business, mainly by VMware (VMW). HPQ was up nearly 1% to $22.40. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV