Trade-Ideas: Foot Locker (FL) Is Today's "Water-Logged And Getting Wetter" Stock
- FL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $72.8 million.
- FL has traded 1.0 million shares today.
- FL traded in a range 220.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.98.
- FL traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 119 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 119 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FL: Foot Locker, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of athletic footwear and apparel. The company operates in two segments, Athletic Stores and Direct-to-Customers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. FL has a PE ratio of 12.9. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Foot Locker a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Foot Locker has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Foot Locker has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 3.1% with 2.04 days to cover. Shares are up 6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Foot Locker as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FOOT LOCKER INC has improved earnings per share by 8.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FOOT LOCKER INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.59 versus $1.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.81 versus $2.59).
- FL's revenue growth trails the industry average of 14.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.05 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 88.72% to $251.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FOOT LOCKER INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.74%.
- You can view the full Foot Locker Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.