Trade-Ideas: Prosperity (PB) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- PB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.3 million.
- PB has traded 164,287 shares today.
- PB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PB: Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. operates as the holding company for Prosperity Bank that provides a range of financial products and services to small and medium-sized businesses, and consumers in Texas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. PB has a PE ratio of 17.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Prosperity a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Prosperity has been 328,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Prosperity has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.63 and a short float of 10.7% with 30.79 days to cover. Shares are up 43.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Prosperity as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 45.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PROSPERITY BANCSHARES INC has improved earnings per share by 14.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PROSPERITY BANCSHARES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.22 versus $3.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.56 versus $3.22).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 45.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $36.97 million to $53.84 million.
- The gross profit margin for PROSPERITY BANCSHARES INC is currently very high, coming in at 91.52%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 34.83% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 57.87% to $55.05 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, PROSPERITY BANCSHARES INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 104.86%.
- You can view the full Prosperity Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts