Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Darling International (DAR) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Darling International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.3 million.
- DAR has traded 772,679 shares today.
- DAR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DAR NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on DAR: Darling International Inc. provides rendering, used cooking oil, and bakery residual recycling and recovery solutions to the food industry. The company operates in two segments, Rendering and Bakery. DAR has a PE ratio of 18.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Darling International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.The average volume for Darling International has been 659,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Darling International has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.79 and a short float of 1.9% with 3.09 days to cover. Shares are up 19.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Darling International as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock performance, considering both the consistency and magnitude of the price movement over time. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- DARLING INTERNATIONAL INC's earnings per share declined by 29.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DARLING INTERNATIONAL INC reported lower earnings of $1.10 versus $1.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.16 versus $1.10).
- DAR, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for DARLING INTERNATIONAL INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.83%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 6.23% trails that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 27.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $36.23 million to $26.42 million.
- You can view the full Darling International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about DAR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV