HOPKINTON, Mass., Aug. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC ® for the third year in a row has been named the #1 storage vendor in the annual study of storage integration with VMware ® vSphere by Wikibon, a leading market industry analyst firm.
- The study ranked EMC #1 as offering the most integrated storage solution for VMware environments.
- EMC VNX ® scored better than the five other storage vendors in the study.
- EMC VNX was #1 in each of the three categories – general, block-only and file storage.
- EMC VMAX ranked #1 array for Tier 1 storage.
- The study ranked EMC VNX and VMAX highest for security.
- EMC continues to add more value for customers' VMware environments with continual enhancements from all EMC storage platforms, EMC ViPR ™ software defined storage platform, EMC Global Services and RSA ®.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced it has been named the #1 storage solution in Wikibon's annual virtualization study: "VMware Dominant in Multi-Hypervisor Data Centers." Wikibon, a leading market industry analyst firm performed a research study analyzing vendor integration with VMware environments. EMC storage systems rated the highest in each of the three categories -- general, block-only and file-only storage.EMC VNX and EMC VMAX are the leading storage systems in the block-only category among the thirteen products featured in the study, with the VNX named as the #1 storage solution for VMware vSphere in the 2013 research, as well as the 2012 and 2011 reports. The study ranks storage vendors based on integration with VMware technology. EMC, as a leading information infrastructure provider for VMware solutions, provides customers running VMware with the availability, protection, automation, and security needed to virtualize and gain competitive advantage making it easier for customers to adopt cloud and virtualization technologies to run VMware systems in next-generation cloud infrastructures with increasing levels of automation.