WASHINGTON, Aug. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the Center for Financial Inclusion at Accion announced that Michael Corbat, CEO of Citi (NYSE: C) and Ajay Banga, CEO of MasterCard (NYSE: MA) will attend and deliver remarks at the Financial Inclusion 2020 Global Forum. Taking place in London on October 28-30, 2013, the Forum is a one-time event that will promote a global agenda for bringing about the financial inclusion of more than 2 billion people around the world, using the year 2020 as a focal point.
Other confirmed speakers to date include:
- Shamshad Akhtar, Assistant Secretary-General, United Nations
- Matthew Bishop, U.S. Business Editor and New York Bureau Chief, The Economist
- Cherie Blair, Founder, the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
- Elizabeth Buse, Global Executive, Solutions, Visa Inc,
- Sendhil Mullainathan, Professor of Economics at Harvard
- Duvvuri Subbarao, former Governor of Reserve Bank of India
Organized in partnership with Citi, Visa Inc., MasterCard, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Western Union Foundation, MetLife Foundation, and the Financial Times, the Global Forum is a unique opportunity to engage a broad range of players in financial inclusion through a collaborative environment. The Forum will build on the project's two-year efforts and unveil recommendations from the Roadmap for Financial Inclusion that outlines the most important steps to advance financial inclusion in 2014 and beyond.
"We are thrilled and grateful to have the support of such a wide range of high-level participants at the Global Forum," said Elisabeth Rhyne, Managing Director of the Center for Financial Inclusion at Accion. "The breadth of involvement – from across the private and public sectors – demonstrates the broad support of Financial Inclusion 2020 and the fact that reaching full global financial inclusion will require the combined efforts of all stakeholders."Financial Inclusion 2020 is soliciting recommendations for seasoned experts, innovators, and executives in financial inclusion, financial services, technology, and relevant fields, along with regulators, policymakers, and client advocates, who can further determine the actions needed to advance financial inclusion in 2013 and beyond. For more, visit www.financialinclusion2020.org. To learn more about financial inclusion, watch CFI's new brief animated video at http://bit.ly/13z92ca About the Center for Financial Inclusion at Accion The Center for Financial Inclusion at Accion (CFI) helps bring about the conditions to achieve full financial inclusion around the world. Constructing a financial inclusion sector that reaches everyone with quality services will require the combined efforts of many actors. CFI contributes to full inclusion by collaborating with sector participants to tackle challenges beyond the scope of any one actor, moving from thought leadership to action.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV