Barnes & Noble (BKS) ($14.46 vs. $17.54 on Aug. 16) beat EPS estimates by 4 cents reporting a loss of 86 cents a share. This stock was taken to the woodshed with a low of $13.81 on Aug. 20. This weakness caused the stock to be upgraded to strong buy from buy. My quarterly value level is $12.81 with an annual pivot at $14.33 and annual risky level at $17.58.
Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) ($52.39 vs. $47.74 on Aug. 16) beat EPS estimates by a penny earning 58 cents a share. The stock closed Monday at $47.57 and popped to a multi-year high at $52.89 on Wednesday for a test of my monthly risky level at $52.51, where buy-and-trade investors could have booked profits on this buy rated stock. My semiannual value level is $48.72 with a monthly pivot at $52.51 and weekly risky level at $53.08.
Home Depot (HD) ($74.00 vs. $75.38 on Aug. 16) beat EPS estimates by 4 cents earning $1.24 a share. The stock popped to $77.50 on the news then faded to a low of $73.35 on Thursday on profit-taking. The 200-day simple moving average for this buy rated stock is $71.06 with a semiannual pivot at $74.17 and a monthly risky level at $80.39, which was tested on Aug. 2.
JC Penney (JCP) ($13.20 vs. $13.40 on Aug. 16) missed EPS estimates by $1.03 with a bigger loss than expected at $2.16 a share. The stock traded up to $14.39 on Tuesday then fell to $13.20 at Thursday's close. Share price weakness maintains a buy rating. My quarterly value level at $13.00 held at the Tuesday low at $12.81. My weekly risky level is $14.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV