8. -- Muriel Siebert, the first woman to become a member of the New York Stock Exchange, died on Saturday of complications of cancer at 80 years old.
9. -- TMS International (TMS), a provider of procurement and other services to steel mills, agreed to sell itself for about $1 billion, including debt, to an investment firm run by Tom Pritzker, a member of one of America's wealthiest business families, people familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal.TMS shareholders are expected to get $17.50 a share in cash in a deal to be announced Monday, the people told the newspaper. That is a 12.4% premium to the stock's closing price of $15.57 on Friday.
10. -- Lee Daniels' The Butler was the top movie at the box office this weekend, taking in $17 million of receipts. The movie, starring Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey, also was tops the previous weekend with $24.6 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV