DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The stylish, fuel-efficient and technology-loaded Ford Fiesta outsold the Toyota and Scion brands' triplet of subcompact vehicles in the first half of 2013, and is drawing a younger audience of 46 percent gen Y and gen X buyers – compared to Toyota's 36 percent average
- Based on Ford analysis of Polk retail registration data, the Ford brand has grown its retail share of the millennial market faster than any other automotive brand since 2009 – a pace that would soon make Ford the No. 1 choice for young buyers
- Fifty-four percent of Fiesta buyers cite Ford SYNC ® technology as a top purchase driver compared to Toyota's 37 percent average; 2014 Fiesta SE with Super Fuel Economy package is EPA-rated at 41 mpg highway – the only subcompact to achieve more than 40 mpg
- One Ford global product strategy continues delivering innovations more rapidly, as the freshened 2014 Ford Fiesta adds the award-winning 1.0-liter EcoBoost ® engine and MyFord Touch ® driver connect technology
Fiesta was first of a wave of new global products from Ford that has helped the company turn the tables on imports in the United States, with increasing sales and a pace of millennial market share growth that soon could make Ford the top auto brand for young buyers.
The new Fiesta is significantly freshened, with more style, technology and fuel efficiency – keys to Ford's sales and young-buyer surges. Fiesta has helped outsell Toyota and Scion's three subcompact vehicles, 45,831 units to 32,510 units in 2013.
Based on Polk retail registration data, the Ford brand has had the fastest retail share growth of any U.S. brand among shoppers 18 to 34 years old, posting an 80 percent increase from the first half of 2009 to the first half of 2013, compared to a 35 percent increase for the industry overall.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV