By The Associated Press=
The Dow Jones Industrial average rose 66.19 points, or 0.4 percent, to close at 14,963.74. The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 14.16 points, or 0.9 percent, to 1,656.96. The Nasdaq rose 38.92 points, or 1.1 percent, at 3,638.71.
Benchmark oil for October delivery rose $1.18 to close at $105.03 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Heating oil slipped 1 cent to $3.07 per gallon. Wholesale gasoline gained 3 cents to $2.96 per gallon. Natural gas rose 9 cents to $3.55 per 1,000 cubic feet.Brent crude, which sets prices for imported oil used by many U.S. refineries, rose 9 cents to $109.90 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange in London.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV