FOX News Channel and Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes announce the first wave of Ailes Junior Reporters have completed the program. The two-year program was launched in 2011 and will continue again this year with five new participants.
In making the announcement, Ailes said, “I created this program with the hope of developing young and promising talent. I am greatly encouraged by the successful results of the previous two years and look forward to cultivating our next group of junior reporters.”
The Ailes Junior Reporters Program gives participants the opportunity to learn all aspects of newsgathering including shooting, producing and editing stories, as well as on-camera reporting. Additionally, hands-on guidance during each step of the process is offered from both FNC management and the network’s seasoned journalists, including Shepard Smith, Bill Hemmer and Harris Faulkner.
In commenting on the announcement, Sharri Berg, Senior Vice President of News Operations and Services added, “Mr. Ailes’ vision for the program is to provide the junior reporters with an enriching journalistic experience that would help launch them in the next stage of their careers. We are proud of their accomplishments and eager for the next crop of promising talent to begin.”Each member of the first class earned a full-time position in his or her respective field following the completion of the program:
- Garrett Tenney serves as a correspondent for FNC in Chicago, IL
- Mary Quinn O’Connor is a digital reporter for the FOX O&O in Charlotte, NC
- Michelle Macaluso is a correspondent for FNC in Washington, DC
- Patrick Manning serves as an associate producer at FNC’s New York bureau
- Pete Griffin has been hired as a reporter by the ABC affiliate in Phoenix, AZ
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV