CHARLOTTE, N.C., Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FairPoint Communications, Inc. (NasdaqCM: FRP), a leading provider of advanced data, voice and video technologies in 17 states, today announced that Chris Alberding, vice president of product management, will be speaking at the COMPTEL PLUS Fall 2013 Convention & EXPO, taking place Monday, September 23, through Thursday, September 26, at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando.
Alberding will be a featured speaker in the panel presentation and discussion on "Small Cell Performance: The Evolution of Backhaul Solutions" on September 25 at 9 a.m. The session offers a look at low-power, short-range small cells as the technology of choice for improving mobile network coverage and capacity.
One of the most important factors that affect the mobile customer experience is the quality of an operator's backhaul transport network. With the largest MPLS-based Carrier Ethernet network and more than 15,000 miles of fiber in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, FairPoint is the leading wireless backhaul provider to major wireless carriers in the region and its network reaches more than 95 percent of all business addresses in its territory.
"The growth of wireless network technologies and the proliferation of smart phones and tablets have fueled an unprecedented demand for wireless coverage," said Alberding. "Consumers do not want to be without connectivity, even in rural areas. Small cells are a fast-growing market segment because they can be used to increase the capacity of 4G networks, but can also be used to deliver service in hard-to-serve markets with challenging terrain and economic constraints."Speakers also will discuss challenges for Wi-Fi deployment, the impact of fiber, network performance and new technologies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV