Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU), has made a $250,000 contribution to the Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Community Services at Easter Seals (Dixon Center at Easter Seals), to support Easter Seals’ critical work in bringing communities together for veterans, especially during their reintegration and transition home post-deployments.
“Today’s veterans come home to a nation thankful for their service. They return to their families, neighbors, friends and communities who, while grateful, also expect them to pick up where they left off,” says Colonel David W. Sutherland, U.S. Army (Retired) and Chairman, Dixon Center at Easter Seals. “After the welcome wears off, our vets are faced with disparate and disorganized resources, scattered across the country, with few organizations able to match the Service member and his or her family with the local supports available to them to meet their various needs.”
Dixon Center at Easter Seals builds partnerships, shares innovations and connects those who have served through collective impact initiatives in their local communities. It looks not only at the current challenges facing veterans and their families, but also seeks to anticipate and meet future needs. Under the leadership of COL Sutherland and Kim Mitchell, Dixon Center at Easter Seals’ network of 20,000+ organizations and like-minded individuals, serving 560+ communities, builds national reach while advancing local impact.
“Prudential has a long history of helping military veterans succeed in their civilian lives,” said Barbara Koster, senior vice president and Chief Information Officer at Prudential, who is also responsible for the company’s Veterans Initiatives Program. “This founding contribution to the Dixon Center at Easter Seals will help foster better community collaboration and coordinated services to support veteran employment, education and health – three areas of particular need for military families. We are delighted to be a partner in the work of the Dixon Center.” Prudential’s Veterans Initiative coordinates companywide efforts to create sustainable programs for transitioning veterans, and collaborates with corporate peers to support similar programs with an emphasis on providing veterans access to quality education, job training, and employment opportunities. These efforts include Prudential’s sponsorship of VETalent, an innovative training and hiring program run by Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS), a nonprofit 501©(3) organization with a proven track record. For more information, visit www.prudential.com/veterans.“Prudential Financial’s generous gift will help us bring innovative solutions to enable veterans and their families to thrive, where they live,” adds COL Sutherland, further explaining the Prudential Financial gift makes it possible for Dixon Center at Easter Seals to:
- Advise and assist social, private and public sector decision-makers on how to find and focus on essential needs within their communities;
- Help communities mobilize partners and resources to support educational and employment endeavors in addition to health, finance, legal and housing requisites;
- Facilitate effective solutions in communities – solutions that can be shared broadly to strengthen collective impact; and,
- Build capacity and expand direct services – locally through Easter Seals and nationally through the collective Sea of Goodwill.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV