ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Walmart U.S. President and CEO Bill Simon will deliver the following remarks, as prepared for delivery, at the U.S. Manufacturing Summit in Orlando, today, August 22 nd at approximately 3:30 pm EDT:
"What a great meeting this has been. Again, I want to thank you all for being here and being a part of this.
"I want to share a few thoughts before we wrap up and get ready for a big day tomorrow.
"Today, you heard the economic case for American manufacturing, backed by hard data."You heard the view from the Administration. You heard from governors about their commitment, their workforces, and the opportunities in their states. You heard a few success stories that demonstrate this is working - proof that we can get new production up and running in the United States. "So we've heard a lot of convincing evidence for revitalizing manufacturing in America. "What I want to talk to you about are the reasons that are harder to put numbers on – the impact this work will have on our communities and on our country. "You see, this is something we all care a great deal about. For me, not just as the CEO of Walmart U.S., but as an American and a global citizen. The Need for Opportunity "I truly believe that we are in a transformative period in history. The global economy has been flat-lining. Confidence is shaken. People are scared, uncertain about our future. Everyone is looking for an economic revival...longing for prosperity, security, and confidence. "We remember very clearly in the U.S. when a job at the local factory was a ticket to the middle class.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV