Aluminum Corp. of China
Another under-$10 basic materials player that's starting to move within range of triggering a big breakout trade is Aluminum Corp. of China (ACH), a vertically integrated aluminum producer. This stock has been under pressure so far in 2013, with shares off by 27%.
If you take a look at the chart for Aluminum Corp. of China, you'll notice that this stock has been uptrending strong for the last two months, with shares moving higher from its low of $7.24 to its recent high of $8.86 a share. During that uptrend, shares of ACH have been making mostly higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That uptrend is coming after shares of ACH plunged lower from $10.73 to $7.24 a share between May and June. This stock has now started to trend back above its 50-day at $8.10 a share and it's quickly moving within range of triggering a big breakout trade.Market players should now look for long-biased trades in ACH if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $8.86 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above that level with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 111,653 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then ACH will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at its 200-day moving average of $10.02 a share to around $11 to $12 a share. Traders can look to buy ACH off weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day moving average of $8.10 a share, or below more near-term support at $7.66 a share. One can also buy ACH off strength once it clears $8.86 a share with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a comfortable percentage from your entry point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV