Bentley Buyers Can Get Ready for Their SUV
This Bentley SUV concept vehicle was shown in Geneva last year.
SAN DIEGO (TheStreet) -- The luxury SUV market is about to get a little more crowded and a little bit pricier.
Bentley is developing a sport utility vehicle that some industry insiders predict may be the most expensive in the world.The company said in a press release that it plans to invest about 800 million British pounds, or $1.2 billion, over the next three years developing the SUV and on building a headquarters in the United Kingdom where the vehicle will be made. Production of the SUV will create about 1,000 jobs in Crewe, England, according to the release. The expected price of the vehicle was not disclosed, and final design details also remain under wraps. The July release merely said that the SUV will adhere to Bentley brand hallmarks of luxury, performance, quality and craftsmanship. "We're certainly looking to develop the best, most luxurious SUV on the market," Bentley's Mike Sayer, a product PR manager, said during a recent telephone interview. "And that will command a certain price point, so it may end up being the most expensive, but that's not the target." The price of the SUV will reflect what the car is made of and how the car feels, Sayer says. Bentley unveiled a concept version of the SUV at last year's Geneva Motor Show.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV