2. As of noon trading, Staples ( SPLS) is down $0.22 (-1.5%) to $14.05 on heavy volume. Thus far, 7.3 million shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $14.02-$14.34 after having opened the day at $14.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.26. Staples, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an office products company. It operates in three segments: North American Stores & Online, North American Commercial, and International Operations. Staples has a market cap of $11.2 billion and is part of the specialty retail industry. Shares are up 47.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Staples a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Staples as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full Staples Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts