Last, but certainly not least, is search engine giant Google (GOOG), a stock that's looking markedly more bullish than Johnson or Pfizer right now. In fact, Google looks a whole lot more attractive than most of the tech sector in 2013, rallying almost 27% year-to-date while other big tech names have floundered. So, how do you trade it?
After rallying hard in the first quarter and a half, Google has spent the last few months consolidating sideways in a rectangle pattern. That's not uncommon, especially after a big move. With GOOG's shares up so much since the start of the year, a period of sideways price action gives shareholders a chance to figure out their next moves.The rectangle pattern gets its name gets its name because it basically "boxes in" shares of a stock. The time to be a buyer comes when GOOG exits its box to the upside: more specifically, a move above resistance at $920. Momentum adds some extra confirmation to Google's upside bias -- 14-day RSI broke its mid-term downtrend at the start of this week, pointing to higher levels for GOOG. To see this week's trades in action, check out this week's Must-See Charts portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV