Stock Market Gains On Better Global Growth Outlook
Average U.S. rates for fixed mortgages rose this week to their highest levels in two years, mortgage buyer Freddie Mac said Thursday. The average rate on the 30-year loan jumped to 4.58 percent, up from 4.40 percent last week.
The dollar was little changed against the euro and rose against the Japanese yen.
Among other stocks making big moves:
â¿¿ Nasdaq OMX fell $1.08, or 3.4 percent, to $30.46 after Thursday's trading glitch.â¿¿ Hewlett-Packard fell $3.16, or 13 percent, to $22.22 after the company reported weak demand for personal computers and falling revenue late Wednesday. The company's earnings were below Wall Street's expectations. â¿¿Dollar Tree rose $1.29 cents, or 2.5 percent, to $53.13 after the company reported earnings that surpassed the expectations of Wall Street analysts. The company also raised the lower end of its full-year earnings forecast.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV