NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When companies look to unlock value, shareholders are the ultimate winners.
According to TheStreet's Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link, co-managers of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, Johnson Controls (JCI) could be a solid investment for this very reason.
It's a name that they've owned in the past and have started to purchase again.
The company has seen solid results from its exposure to the auto industry and in its battery segment. And although nonhousing construction hasn't done as well, it still offers plenty of opportunity, Link said.Cramer added that the company's management has recently indicated that it will unlock value by breaking up certain parts of the company. Link went on to say that several positive catalysts remain in play for Johnson Controls: A new CEO and an analysts' meeting in December, where positive comments are expected from the new leader. The company also has exposure to Europe, which is believed to be doing better. Cramer concluded that it's a good idea to get into the stock early and buy on the dips. Honeywell International (HON) is also a name Cramer and Link like, but they've been unable to find a dip to buy more shares of the stock. According to Cramer, the common theme in the market is that the good companies don't pull back. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer and Link co-manage as a charitable trust, owned shares of HON and JCI.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV