Buy These Top 5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks Today: TCAP, GBDC, GNI, CMLP, TNH
Golub Capital BDC Inc. Class B (NASDAQ: GBDC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.40%. Golub Capital BDC, Inc. is a business development company and operates as an externally managed closed-end non-diversified management investment company. It invests in debt and minority equity investments in middle-market companies that are, in most cases, sponsored by private equity investors. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.46. The average volume for Golub Capital BDC Inc. Class B has been 316,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Golub Capital BDC Inc. Class B has a market cap of $689.2 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 8.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Golub Capital BDC Inc. Class B as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GBDC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 69.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for GOLUB CAPITAL BDC INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.16%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 55.21% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 134.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.39 million to $12.66 million.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- GOLUB CAPITAL BDC INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GOLUB CAPITAL BDC INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.31 versus $1.12 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 0.8% in earnings ($1.30 versus $1.31).
- You can view the full Golub Capital BDC Inc. Class B Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV