Can it be done? Yes, but without some economic growth in the world (something that seems to dim every time we look. although interest rates and the Fed say otherwise), this isn't a "wait until next year" situation; it's a "wait until 2015" issue, which is when this company will have enough cash to start buying other companies along with the help of some economic tailwinds and not headwinds.
In short, Hewlett-Packard needs three things:
- new product;
- worldwide growth; and
- a lot of luck.
And it's the last thing you are banking on if you buy it today.
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS , which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long AAPL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV