CHICAGO, Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE: TDS) today announced that its board of directors has appointed Alan Schultz as vice president, Enterprise Growth and Portfolio Strategy. Schultz will report to Joseph R. Hanley, senior vice president - Technology, Services and Strategy.
Schultz joined TDS on July 30, 2013, to lead the development of TDS' enterprise growth and portfolio strategy, including identifying and evaluating complementary business opportunities and allocating resources across the TDS portfolio of companies.
Schultz joined TDS from Bain & Company, where he worked with companies in a variety of industries to develop and implement strategies to drive growth, improve sales coverage, segment customers and optimize pricing. He also performed commercial acquisition diligence for Bain's private equity group.
"Alan's strategic outlook and business expertise will be instrumental as we work to optimize the TDS business portfolio, and his leadership will help us identify and execute on the most effective paths to building shareholder value," said Hanley.Schultz has a BS in industrial engineering from Northwestern University and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
About TDSTelephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS), a Fortune 500® company, provides wireless; broadband, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately 6 million customers nationwide through its business units, U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom and TDS Hosted & Managed Services. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Chicago, TDS employed 10,700 people as of June 30, 2013. For more information about TDS, visit www.teldta.com. SOURCE Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV