Trade-Ideas: Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation (LGF) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- LGF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $47.4 million.
- LGF has traded 2.6 million shares today.
- LGF is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LGF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LGF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LGF: Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., an entertainment company, engages in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms, and international distribution and sales activities. LGF has a PE ratio of 16.6. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lions Gate Entertainment has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.70 and a short float of 9% with 5.39 days to cover. Shares are up 109.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 130.30% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 128.81% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- 46.21% is the gross profit margin for LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT CP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of LGF's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.39% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$29.29 million or 119.39% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Although LGF's debt-to-equity ratio of 4.79 is very high, it is currently less than that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.