ATLANTA, Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 19,000 Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) flight attendants today begin using new Windows Phone 8 handheld devices that will streamline on-board purchasing as Delta continues its investment in technological innovation to improve the customer experience.
"Delta's 19,000 in-flight professionals are there for the safety and comfort of our customers, and equipping them with innovative solutions means they can better meet our customers' needs on board every flight," said Joanne Smith, senior vice president – In-Flight Service. "This is yet another way we're investing in technology to improve the customer experience."
The Windows Phone 8 device, a Nokia Lumia 820, enables Delta flight attendants to offer:
- Near real-time credit card processing for on-board purchases, including upgrades to Delta's popular Economy Comfort seating. On-board Economy Comfort upgrades will begin on transcontinental and international flights before being offered on flights across Delta's system.
- Convenient eReceipts that can be emailed to customers.
- Customers' use of pre-paid credit cards for on-board purchases.
- Quicker transaction processing times.
- In the near future, the ability to read coupons displayed on a customer's mobile device.
- More efficient service recovery.