GENEVA and REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Genomic Health, Inc. (Nasdaq: GHDX) today announced that the 13 th St. Gallen International Breast Cancer Conference Expert Panel, for the second time, recognized the Oncotype DX ® breast cancer test for its ability to provide not only prognostic information, but also predictive information regarding the benefit from chemotherapy for patients with early-stage endocrine sensitive invasive breast cancer. Oncotype DX was the only multi-gene test accepted with a strong majority of panelists supporting it as both a prognostic and predictive tool, which led to "a recommendation that selection of patients who might forego chemotherapy could be based on the 21-gene Recurrence Score." The new guidelines have been recently published online in the Advance Access section of Annals of Oncology and will appear in a future print issue.
"We are pleased that this expert panel recognizes the unsurpassed clinical evidence of Oncotype DX as the only test validated to answer the important question of which estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer patients need chemotherapy in addition to hormonal therapy," said Steven Shak, M.D., chief medical officer and executive vice president of research and development, Genomic Health. "Physicians in more than 70 countries have used Oncotype DX for treatment planning in more than 375,000 patients to date, enabling patients to make more informed decisions and healthcare systems to avoid overtreatment."
The updated guidelines, which are reviewed bi-annually, reflect increasing support for the use of multi-gene tests to provide physicians and patients with information that goes beyond traditional clinic-pathologic measures to enable better informed treatment decisions. The guidelines also reference that the use of the Oncotype DX breast cancer test is either cost-effective or provides cost savings in all markets analyzed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV