- Available to a broad range of motor designers with the 48-pin package, 32 or 64 KB of Flash and around $2 USD for high volume applications.
- Save months of design time with nearly fully automated motor parameter identification, software observer tuning, and torque control tuning.
- Evaluate before you buy with the free, interactive InstaSPIN-FOC online simulation tool. Designers can assess TI InstaSPIN-FOC capability by customizing speed and load profiles on a variety of motors and obtain simulation results within minutes.
- Near encoder performance with embedded on-chip FAST™ observer algorithm, which through only analysis of currents and voltages, calculates a reliable and robust estimation of rotor flux, angle, speed and torque across use conditions. Accurate, sensorless estimator performance eliminates the need for a physical sensor in nearly all torque and velocity applications.
- Accommodate all three-phase motors, synchronous (BLDC, SPM and IPM) and asynchronous (ACI) with the same solution.
- Identify and tune with off-line motor commissioning that identifies the required parameters of the motor, tunes the FAST algorithm, and initializes the current controllers for stable operation. An optional online resistance re-estimation mode tracks changes for robust observer performance under the most demanding low speed loads.
- Eliminate start-up challenges of other sensorless techniques with built-in start-up modes and observer angle lock in less than one electrical cycle.
- Slow speed performance with angle integrity preserved at steady state below 1 Hz (typical) with full torque, zero speed stability, reversals through zero speed and smooth stall recovery.
- Gain system architecture flexibility with the ability to implement a single function call FOC torque controller or a completely custom control system with FAST as the software motor sensor.
- Allow most efficient motor sizing with built-in field control for field-weakening (higher speeds) or field-boosting (higher torque) applications.
- Gain massive energy savings for induction motors using the PowerWarp™ mode to adaptively minimize the magnetizing current to only produce the torque required, eliminating energy waste during lower load operation.
- Develop easily and evaluate quickly using the new motor control library (modules, drivers, system examples, documentation) through MotorWare™, which offers latest in C object-oriented and API-based coding techniques and over a dozen lab based projects that let you explore the features of InstaSPIN-FOC, including; Motor ID, saving motor parameters, torque control, tuning speed controller, run-time resistance monitoring, field weakening, modulation techniques, and PowerWarp.
Simplifying Motor Control Design For The Masses: TI Now Offers InstaSPIN™-FOC Sensorless Motor Control Technology For Low-cost Motor Applications
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.