NEW YORK, Aug. 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is pleased to support the launch of two new Vanguard exchange-traded funds (ETFs) based on the NASDAQ Dividend Achievers Select Index. Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the Vanguard U.S. Dividend Appreciation Index ETF (TSX:VGG) and the Vanguard U.S. Dividend Appreciation Index ETF (CAD-hedged) (TSX:VGH) are now available to investors in Canada.
NASDAQ OMX acquired the Dividend Achievers Index Family from Mergent, Inc. in December 2012, an acquisition that immediately catapulted NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes into one of the largest providers of dividend indexes in the world, based on benchmarked assets. The world's largest dividend-themed ETF, the Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF (Symbol:VIG), tracks the NASDAQ U.S. Dividend Achievers Select Index. As of August 15, 2013, VIG had $16.8 billion in assets under management.
"The launch of these new Dividend Achiever ETFs in Canada is another milestone in the international expansion of investment products tracking NASDAQ OMX indexes," said John Jacobs, Executive Vice President of NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes. "We are continuing to expand our overall index offering and improve our Dividend and Income family of indexes to help global investors benchmark this increasingly important theme."The following are examples of other investment products linked to NASDAQ OMX indexes that are available to millions of investors around the world:
- The May 2013 debut of the first cross-border ETF in China, the Guotai NASDAQ-100 Index Exchange-Traded Fund, which is based on the NASDAQ-100 Index ®;
- Boost ETP's 2013 introduction in the United Kingdom of 15 leveraged exchange-traded products that track a range of indexes in the NASDAQ Commodity Benchmark Index Family SM; and
- The March 2011 listing in India of the MOSt Shares NASDAQ-100 ETF, the first U.S.-based indexed ETF in India.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV