Second Quarter Highlights:
- Comparable store sales up 6.4 percent over last year, total sales up 3.8 percent.
- Diluted earnings per share of $0.08 compared to $0.05 ($0.02 as adjusted) last year.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Aug. 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stein Mart, Inc. (Nasdaq:SMRT) today announced financial results for the second quarter ended August 3, 2013.
Overview of ResultsNet income for the second quarter of 2013 was $3.4 million or $0.08 per diluted share compared to net income of $2.3 million or $0.05 per diluted share in 2012. Second quarter 2012 adjusted net income was $1.0 million or $0.02 per diluted share (see Note 1). For the first six months of 2013, net income was $18.1 million or $0.41 per diluted share compared to $13.1 million or $0.30 per diluted share in the same period in 2012. First half 2012 adjusted net income was $11.8 million or $0.27 per diluted share (see Note 1). EBITDA for the second quarter was $12.8 million compared to $9.4 million ($7.3 million as adjusted - see Note 2) in 2012. EBITDA for the first six months of 2013 was $44.0 million compared to $33.5 million ($31.4 million as adjusted - see Note 2) in 2012. Comments on Results "Our second quarter same store sales increase of 6.4 percent was driven by our great merchandise, brands and pricing" said Jay Stein, Chief Executive Officer. "We've said for a long while that increases in sales and margin will leverage against our lean expense structure resulting in higher earnings growth. This is now happening." Total sales for the second quarter of 2013 increased 3.8 percent to $291.0 million, while comparable store sales increased 6.4 percent. For the first six months of 2013, total sales increased 3.8 percent to $612.3 million, while comparable store sales increased 3.6 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV