QlikTech, (NASDAQ: QLIK) a leader in Business Discovery – user-driven Business Intelligence (BI), today announced the Take Action Open Data Challenge, which invites participants to use QlikView to uncover unexpected insights from public data that could have an impact to positively change the world.
About the Challenge: Open, public data sources on populations, poverty, healthcare issues, education, transportation, and the environment hold a wealth of information. If leveraged effectively, this data could unlock powerful insights that could benefit the greater population. The Take Action Open Data Challenge invites QlikView customers, partners, developers, and newbies to create an app on QlikView that uncovers trends, reveals patterns, or shows how programs could be delivered more effectively. Business analytics students and those taking part in the QlikView Academic program are also invited to submit an app.
Prizes: Winners will have their apps featured on http://demo.qlikview.com and will receive one of three cash prizes.
- 1st Place: $10,000
- 2nd Place: $5,000
- 3rd Place: $2,500
- October 31, 2013: App submission deadline
- November 15, 2013: Announce five semi-finalists
- November 15-29, 2013: Commence voting by QlikCommunity members
- December 2, 2013: Announce top three winners
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV