For the seventh year in a row, consumers have rated American Express highest in customer satisfaction among U.S. credit card companies, according to the annual nationwide study by J.D. Power. The study, released earlier today, places American Express highest in overall satisfaction among 11 of the largest card issuers in the U.S. American Express remains the only credit card to receive the study’s top ranking since it was first conducted in 2007.
The J.D. Power 2013 Credit Card Satisfaction Study SM looks at six broad categories to determine overall satisfaction: Customer Interaction, Billing and Payment Process, Credit Card Terms, Rewards Programs, Benefits and Services, and Problem Resolution.
“We are truly honored that our Card Members have recognized us for seven straight years. This prestigious recognition demonstrates the importance of putting customer satisfaction and service at the heart of everything we do and delivering outstanding value through extraordinary products, service and experiences,” said Kenneth I. Chenault, chairman and chief executive officer, American Express. “The feedback provided by consumers through this study will help us continue to raise the bar as we work to exceed the expectations of our customers.”
Enhancing Customer ExperiencesOver the past year, American Express has worked to improve the overall customer experience by introducing a host of new digital enhancements and updated product offerings, better connecting Card Members with American Express, merchants and each other. Enhancements include:
- Mobile Gift Cards: Enables Card Members to use Membership Rewards® points for smartphone enabled gift cards, which recipients can use to pay with their smartphones at participating retailers.
- Pass from American Express® for Passbook: A quick, convenient and secure way for Card Members to receive automatic purchase notifications, real-time account balances, and customer service information.
- Account Alerts on Facebook: Enables Card Members to manage their account through a Facebook servicing app, including receiving account alerts through private notifications.
- Community @Amex: A customer engagement forum where Card Members and consumers can have discussions and learn more about American Express products, benefits and services.
- Refreshed benefits and services of some of our products, including new enhanced benefits on the JetBlue Card from American Express and the Hilton HHonors™ and Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Cards.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV