- Rolling Chip Turnover (a metric used by casinos to measure the aggregate amount of players’ bets and overall volume of VIP gaming room business transacted, which is further defined below) for the three months ended June 30, 2013 was $4.5 billion, a decrease of 4.9% compared to $4.7 billion for the three months ended June 30, 2012.
- Net loss, including the change in fair value of contingent consideration of $9.6 million related to the King’s Gaming and Bao Li Gaming acquisitions, was $3.0 million, or $0.06 per share (fully diluted), in the second quarter of 2013 compared to net income of $22.0 million, or $0.48 per share (fully diluted), in the same period of 2012.
- Non-GAAP income, which is operating income before amortization of intangible assets and the change in fair value of contingent consideration related to the acquisitions of King's Gaming and Bao Li Gaming declined 42.0% to $9.1 million, or $0.19 per share (fully diluted), for the three months ended June 30, 2013 as compared to income of $15.6 million, or $0.34 per share (fully diluted), for the three months ended June 30, 2012.
- On June 26, 2013, AERL completed the purchase of the profit interest pursuant to a Profit Interest Purchase Agreement (“Oriental VIP Room Purchase Agreement”) with Mr. Vong Veng Im (the “Oriental VIP Room Seller”), to acquire the right to 100% of the profit derived from the operations of the Level 1 VIP Room, effective July 1, 2013, from the promotion of a VIP gaming room at Le Royal Arc Casino in Macau.
- On June 21, 2013, the Company concluded its Rights Offering and standby purchase of shares not sold in the Rights Offering, issuing a total of 19,527,950 ordinary shares. The Company incurred offering costs of $2.1 million, which have been recorded as a reduction of Additional Paid in Capital. AERL used the net proceeds of the Rights Offering (approximately $61.4 million), along with the issuance of shares in exchange for the cancellation of debt pursuant to the standby purchase, to repay outstanding indebtedness owed to certain of AERL’s shareholders.
Asia Entertainment & Resources Ltd. Announces Second Quarter And First Half 2013 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts