Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) today reported its performance for the fiscal year 2013 third quarter. All comparisons are to the third quarter or first nine months of fiscal 2012.
- Full year guidance range of $1.88 to $1.96 maintained
- Diluted EPS of $.42 up 2 percent from diluted EPS of $.41
- Segment operating profit up 5 percent
- Dollar sales of $2.2 billion, up 8 percent
- Volume up 3 percent
- Grocery Products operating profit up 32 percent; volume up 27 percent (volume down 1 percent excluding sales of SKIPPY® products); dollar sales up 25 percent (dollar sales flat excluding sales of SKIPPY® products)
- Jennie-O Turkey Store operating profit up 17 percent; volume up 1 percent; dollar sales up 4 percent
- Refrigerated Foods operating profit down 26 percent; volume down 3 percent; dollar sales up 2 percent
- Specialty Foods operating profit up 8 percent; volume down 5 percent; dollar sales up 5 percent
- International & Other operating profit up 34 percent; volume up 28 percent (volume up 10 percent excluding sales of SKIPPY® products); dollar sales up 31 percent (dollars sales up 11 percent excluding sales of SKIPPY® products)
The company reported fiscal 2013 third quarter net earnings of $113.6 million, up 2 percent from net earnings of $111.2 million a year earlier. For the nine months ended July 28, 2013, net earnings were $368.9 million, as compared to net earnings of $367.4 million the same period last year. Diluted net earnings per share for the nine months ended July 28, 2013 were $1.37, equal to a year ago.Sales for the quarter were $2.2 billion, up 8 percent from the same period in fiscal 2012. For the nine months ended July 28, 2013, sales totaled $6.4 billion, up 6 percent from the same period last year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts