LJUBLJANA, Slovenia, Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced today that Slovenian Railways has adopted IBM's cloud solution to improve business operations and customer service for the Central European railway. Adopting a new cloud-based centralized IT system will give the company a more holistic view across all of its freight, passenger and logistics operations so it can more effectively maintain and manage the railway traffic across its network.
Slovenian Railways operates more than 1,200 km of railway track, transports 15.3 million passengers and carries 15.8 million tonnes of cargo each year. An important link in the pan-European transportation corridor, the Railway is modernizing IT infrastructure to handle the growing amount of people and goods it transports. With a diverse range of business, from freight transport services to passenger and commuter rail to infrastructure management, the railway needs a flexible IT environment that can handle the varying requirements of each group as well as separate IT service desks.With better coordination among the different departments, the company will be able to provide enhanced services to customers, like less waiting time for commuters, fewer train delays, and faster response to customer queries. This new solution, based on IBM SmartCloud Control Desk and IBM Endpoint Manager, part of the IBM MobileFirst Management solutions, unites users from the affiliated Slovenian Railways companies under a uniform IT service desk with a single point of contact available across the entire organization. Through this common IT platform, railway officials can automate and manage systems in real-time and help secure mobile devices and other "end points" such as servers. This gives the railway the flexibility to enable employees to use the device of their choice, while ensuring that usage policies are followed and security risks are minimized.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV