Nine Massachusetts Professional Drivers Head To National Truck Driving Championships
BOSTON, Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Nine Massachusetts professional truck drivers arrived in Salt Lake City this week to compete in the National Truck Driving Championships at the Salt Palace Convention Center. These elite drivers earned their way to compete in the "Superbowl of Safety" after winning their title earlier this summer at the state level.
Over 420 drivers from all 50 states will compete in Salt Lake City for four days, challenging their driving skills, and knowledge of safety, equipment and the industry. From 18-wheeler five axle sleepers to tank trucks to twin trailers—they will drive a course that recreates situations truck drivers face daily. These maneuvers may include: an alley dock, a rear line stop, a side park, a scale stop, a right turn, a front line stop, and straight line driving through a diminishing clearance.
On August 24, one contestant will drive away as the Bendix National Truck Driving Championships Grand Champion."The Truck Driving Championships represent the culmination of the industry's dedication to safety," said Massachusetts Motor Transportation Association Executive Director Anne Lynch. "I congratulate all the contestants and I hope Massachusetts cheers for our drivers this week." Massachusetts participants at National Truck Driving Championships for each category include:
- Roland G. Bolduc, FedEx Express - Three-Axle
- Robert C. Darling Jr., Dennison Lubricant - Tank Truck
- John P. Forgione, A. Duie Pyle, Inc. - Four-Axle
- Daniel P. Hebert, FedEx Freight - Twins
- John E. Hoffmann, Sysco Boston - Straight Truck
- Robert G. Ledoux, FedEx Express - Step Van
- Steven P. Phaneuf - National DCP Northeast - Five-Axle
- Richard P. Sweeney, Con-way Freight - Flatbed
- William S. Verrochi, Con-way Freight - Sleeper Berth
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts