The ACE Group today announced that it has expanded its International Advantage ® insurance product to offer enhanced coverages for the unique risks faced by Higher Education clients whose employees, students and volunteers travel internationally. According to The National Center for Education Statistics, there are nearly 5,000 degree-granting institutions in the U.S. which, together, have more than 300,000 students studying abroad each year. That number increases dramatically when you include the more than 30,000 secondary schools with students traveling overseas. i The new comprehensive foreign package offering -- ACE Educators International Advantage ® Edge -- has been developed to address the coverage needs of the large number of institutions sponsoring international study and travel programs.
“Administrators and academics have responded to the globalization of industry and commerce by designing coursework to help students understand, navigate and thrive in a global economy,” said Tim Benson, Senior Vice President, ACE Multinational Client Group. “ACE is continuously looking for ways to assist this key industry with its increased coverage needs, and our goal in adding this new coverage is to help provide protection and mitigate international travel risks for educators, students, and their chaperones studying abroad.”
“ACE’s newly-enhanced coverage for the education industry brings the Advantage policy to a new level. This coverage allows us to offer an ideal insurance product for risks that range from simple trip travel exposures to complex, multinational exposures -- all of which may be faced by educators providing coursework that will ultimately help their students become competitive in the global marketplace,” said, Bryan Tedford, Senior Vice President, ACE Foreign Casualty.
The ACE Educators International Advantage ® Edge product provides single-point access to several key coverage enhancements not typically provided by other foreign package markets including:
- General Liability
- Expanded Definition of Employee to include Board Members, Trustees and Student Teachers traveling abroad on behalf of the school or educational institution
- Knowledge of Occurrence to include expanded time reporting requirement for losses incurred overseas
- Business Personal Property
- Includes the Property of the Insured as well as Property in their custody while traveling internationally
- General Liability & Contingent Auto Liability
- Blanket Additional insured endorsement added to automatically extend coverage to additional insureds (from sister school to school consortiums to third parties)